Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Goodbye's, Airports & Circumstances.

I just said goodbye to Dylan at the airport this morning. Did I ever mention that I hate airports?! It was a sad sweet goodbye, each time we try to keep it simple but it never works out that way. Im sure I must bring him some sort of humiliation as I have to wave fifty million times until I can no longer see him beyond the security check point. He is so sweet to continue waving back no matter how embarrassing it might be for him, what a sport. Once he has passed through the security scans, while putting his shoes back on, the tears start strolling down my cheeks. I can't get a breath in, I think of all the times I wish I held him more. I hope I said enough "I love you's". I miss him. July has been one incredible month. Most of you know that Dutch will be having surgery in August. Circumstances have changed a bit so the doctors decided it would be best to start the medicines after his surgery. Needless to say we were able to enjoy the month of July. Dylan came home for TWO WHOLE WEEKS! That length of time is a huge gift in itself. These days I am so lucky if I get a text message or a phone call, but an actual physical visit is an extremely rare treasure. While Dylan was here, we spent three days at Disneyland and had a blast! Dutch decided to show his older brother how much he has grown up by conveying his bravery. He did this by going on all of the "BIG GUY" rides that he has been afraid of in the past. My sweet, sweet boy, who was quite fearful of anything that went fast, is now addicted to thrill rides. He went on ALL of the rides!!! I am not sure if the smile on his face was from pure enjoyment of the ride itself or was it from the sense of pride and accomplishment he had achieved. Dylan was very proud of him. I have enjoyed these past few weeks so much. Just knowing I would get to wake up each day and see Dylan, made each day much more sweeter. We wish we could be a part of Dylan's life physically EVERY day. I know that circumstances don’t allow that, so we live for those small moments that we do get to share and always look forward to the future ones. Dylan was my teammate in a wild badminton match against Jon and my brother in law Guy. Okay, the two "Old men" as I like to call them, beat us. But, it was quite the thrill to be playing with Dylan, he was flying all over the court, I barely had to move, LOL! I think the "Old men" were purposefully making him run from one side of the court to the next just to see how much he had in him. We haven't had a real game like that in years! Since all the younger children now have an interest in being on the court, its hard to get a good game in so that was a treat. Thank you Dylan for being with us these past few weeks, we will all miss you. I hope someday that circumstances will have you living closer to us so we can enjoy you more.

No comments: