Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

My Tuscan balcony getaway.

Since I have so much time on my hands these days, (most of you know why) I have decided to start changing things in my house. My most recent project is my balcony off of my bathroom. I wanted to create an outdoor balcony garden with a French or Tuscan style. I love decorating but haven’t been inspired for the last few years; I am now inspired once again and am looking forward to the work. The difference between an interior designer and an interior decorator in my opinion is simple…an interior designer is simply professionally trained although both may have the ability or talent to create beautiful rooms. So, not being professionally trained in that category, I consider myself a self taught interior decorator. I think that’s why I love photography, not all my passions involve people as subjects, I also love the set-up, the props, staging a room, etc. It’s an exciting fixation. I love textures, colors, paint, fabric & furnishings. I get a thrill out of creating a set…. feels like completing a masterpiece. Bring on the canvas!!! I will keep you posted with updated pictures.

No comments: