Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Beautiful People

Today a friend of mine shared this wonderful quote with me, I thought it needed further sharing; "The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." Elizabeth Kubler Ross. She sent this to me regarding my life issues but I have to say that I have soooooo many "Beautiful" people in my life who have also suffered from life's unexpected issues. I can't name them all, but many of you know who you are. These life experiences are what keep a person alive and the only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance! We are all resilient in one form or another. I have grown to learn that the most resilient practice of all comes from learning to be kinder to one another and accepting the things that you cannot change. Sometimes a single encounter with another "Beautiful" human being is enough to fill your life with gratitude and to realize that you dont have to change the things you see, you only have to change the way you see it. Thank you to all the Beautiful people in my life. :)

No comments: