Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Disney Fever



It’s a contagious longing sensation brought on by thoughts of magical happiness and a mouse. My love for Disneyland is immense, I can’t even begin to explain the emotions that overcome me each and every time we go or even plan to go. Just thinking of that magical place puts a smile on my face and gives me goose bumps.

In our house we get what we like to call “Disney Fever”. It comes along once a month or so when one of us in the family starts talking about Disneyland. When somebody in our home gets this “Disney Fever” its time for a therapeutic trip to Disneyland. So before we know it, we start planning our next adventure.

I can never seem to get enough of it! I tear up every time I walk onto Main Street USA. It smells the same, looks the same, and it reminds me of special memories that will be treasured forever. The music, the smells, the decorations, everything just takes me away. Disneyland is a connection to the past and the future for many. For me it helps me to remember happy times, even though in reality they were seemingly bad times. When someone in our home gets Disney fever it usually means something sad is currently happening, or life is getting too stressful and Disneyland has a magical way of taking all that away. Maybe it’s tradition, maybe it’s familiar or maybe it’s just simply the enchantment of it all but whatever it is, it works! It takes away your pain or your troubles even if for just one day. Disneyland feels like home. The greatest thing about Disneyland is that each time I go back, the magic is still waiting for me and there is a memory around every corner!

My absolute favorite thing is watching the excitement in my children’s eyes when they see a character or view the fireworks…ohhh the fireworks, nobody compares to the special fireworks performance that Disney presents. Just the firework theme music “Remember the Magic” makes me cry, its’ amazing!!! If you have ever been around Christmastime, its even more amazing, because at the end of the fireworks show it starts snowing everywhere on Main Street…cue the “make-you-cry” theme music! Again, I get all teary-eyed. My children who have never actually seen a real snowfall think that this is so miraculous.

Our magical adventures involve many traditions. We always take home a souvenir, we always have to get a Mickey shaped ice cream sandwich and a trip to Disney would not be complete without wearing the ears!!! Disneyland is always thrilling for the rides but its also a thrill just doing the unique experiences that undoubtedly create a little bit of Disney magic for all of us. Dutch loves to become a Jedi Knight and Save the Star Wars Universe or Play pirates and become lost on Tom Sawyer Island. Alexzandra loves to become a Princess and Go to the Royal Ball (Princess Character breakfast) or the fairy world kicks in, she puts on her wings and she swears she hears Tink fluttering somewhere nearby. Whatever the attraction is, whether it be a ride, or a special food, or a hug from the mouse himself, Disneyland excels at creating a lifetime of magical memories for young and old alike. I am thankful to have the opportunity to help create wonderful magical memories for my children to pass on to their children.

Everyone needs a happy place and the place with pixie dust will definitely always be our HAPPY PLACE.
I think I feel a fever coming on!!

1 comment:

Pattie Ochoa said...

We feel the same way!! We were just there this past friday and already are talking about a trip for Halloween and then again over the holidays!! I love the magic you feel...it's unexplainable. I have said that I could sit on a bench all day and be happy people watching and listening to the sounds of the park!! We should plan a girls trip there sometime!! That would be so much fun!!